Image courtesy of Associazione Sportiva Roma, SpA.
AS Roma are known as "I Giallorossi." (The Yellow and Reds.)
They were founded in 1927 and have been Serie A champions
Thomas R. DiBenedetto of DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC met in Boston, Massachusetts, with Alessandro Catapano of the Milan sports daily, La Gazzetta dello Sport. The interview took place before Mr. DiBenedetto arrived in Rome this week to finalize the purchase of AS Roma.
Contracts will be signed in Boston on or about the 20th of April. Mr. DiBenedetto will become the new President of AS Roma, and represent the first foreign ownership group in the Italian Serie A.
La Gazzetta dello Sport; "La mia Roma all'americana"; Alessandro Catapano; 28 March 2011.
During this interview, Mr. DiBenedetto discussed the following topics with Signor Catapano:
- Why he selected AS Roma?
- The business and sports management background of his partners.
- What his first decisions will be as team president.
- His thoughts on the current team and manager.
- His initial impressions of the Olympic Stadium atmosphere.
- The current state of Italian football and how to improve it.
- His knowledge of the team's history.
- His plans to make AS Roma a global brand.
Image courtesy of Beyond The Pitch.
My Italian to English translation was published by Anto and Phil at Beyond The Pitch.
"Beyond The Pitch is a new and creative endeavor that has dedicated itself to the global game from numerous points of view. We not only provide our Anglo and Latin views on the game, but also seek out industry experts to offer their unique perspectives. Our goal is to provide our loyal listeners with numerous voices of analysis and deliver fresh new perspectives."Source: Beyond The Pitch: About Us.
- My Interview with Julian Movsesian, partner in the new ownership group, DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC: 8 February 2011. Mr. Movsesian was a partner in this venture at the time of our interview.
Contact Us | About World Football Commentaries | Follow on Twitter | Home