- Copa America Argentina 2011 Facts By The Numbers at Beyond The Pitch
- Copa America Preview with Dan Colasimone from Argentina Football World
- Copa America Argentina 2011 Final Official Team Rosters from CONMEBOL.
Cup Final Highlights: Uruguay 3 - Paraguay 0
Uruguay wins La Copa America for a record 15th time.
Elimination Round Fixtures
16 July from Cordoba: Colombia 0 - Peru 2
16 July from Santa Fe: AET: Argentina 1 - Uruguay 1 (4-5)
17 July from La Plata: AET: Brazil 0 -Paraguay 0 (0-2) Brazil missed all four penalty kicks.
17 July from San Juan: Chile 1 - Venezuela 2
Highlights from the Quarterfinal Round
Semi-Final Round Fixtures
19 July from La Plata: Peru 0 - Uruguay 2
20 July from Medoza: AET: Paraguay 0 (5-3) - Venezuela 0
Highlights from Argentina v. Uruguay
(46 goals after 24 games. Sergio Aguero and Luis Suarez are tied for the Golden Ball with three goals, respectively.)
23 July from La Plata: Peru 4 - Venezuela 1
- Paolo Guerrero of Peru leads the 2011 Copa America with five goals.
24 July from Buenos Aires: Uruguay 3 - Paraguay 0
This was the first Cup final for Uruguay since 1999 who became the first 15-time winner of La Copa America. Paraguay had tied five straight games to reach the final. This was their first final since 1979.
- Justo Villar of Paraguay was named the best goalkeeper, Luis Suarez of Uruguay was named the best player and Paolo Guerrero of Peru was the top scorer at the 2011 Copa America. Diego Lugano of Uruguay was named the best defender at the tournament.
- Diego Forlan of Uruguay joins his grandfather and father as a winner of the Copa America.
- Final Goal Tally: 54 goals in 26 games or 2.08 per game.
Eva "Evita" Duarte de Peron
Learn More About the land of Futbol, Las Pampas and Tango Argentino
- Lonely Planet Argentina Guide
- Argentina Football World by Dan Colasimone is a great site about Argentinean football and will have detailed tournament coverage.
Contact Us | About World Football Commentaries | Follow on Twitter | Home