My name is Steve Amoia. I am a freelance writer and translator from Washington, D.C.
World Football Commentaries Background
I began this blog as an extension of my World Football and Italian Calcio and History of the Azzurri projects in November 2006. Here is my focus:
- Commentaries, news summaries, daily goal videos/global match highlights, and unique themes.
- The UEFA Champions League, La Liga, Italian Serie A, Barclays Premiership, US Soccer/MLS, the Azzurri, the Bundesliga, and South American football.
- Extremely valued guest contributions, live scores, global fixtures and specialty news feeds.
- Italian and Spanish to English translations of player and manager quotes which are now featured at The Soccer Translator.
Visitors and Page Rank
- Readers from 184 countries have visited this blog as of December 2012.
My Soccer Journalism Background
I have contributed articles, commentaries, interviews, and translations for the following respected publications since 2005:
- AC Cugini Scuola Calcio (USA)
- Beyond The Pitch | Article Archive (USA)
- Football Media (UK)
- Ghana World Cup Blog (Ghana)
- International Herald Tribune 2006 World Cup Fan Blog (France)
- Italiansrus.com (USA)
- Italian Soccer Serie A (USA)
- JuventiKNOWS (USA)
- Keeper Skool (Australia)
- Serie A Weekly (Canada)
- Soccerlens (UK)
- Washington Post Soccer Insider (USA: Two translations)
- World Cup History Test for Brainbench (USA)
- World Football Interview Portfolio
- Book Reviews About Soccer Themes
- The Soccer Translator (Links to all of my published translations).
- Testimonials and Client References
- Writing Portfolio of Steve Amoia
Translations of the word "football" were courtesy of Babylon, Berlitz, Google, SDL Free Translations and the kindness of visitors to this site.
Thank you for your visit, and please come again.