Fútbol. Futebol. Calcio. Fußball. Soccer. ποδόσφαιρο. Kopaná. Fotbal. Futball. Voetbal. Fotboll. Fotball. Fudbal. футбол. oкер. Jalkapallo. Futbola. Fótbóltur. Association Football. Nogomet. Piłka Nożna. Fótbolti. Fodbold. Futboll. Il-Loghba tal-ballun. Futbol. Futbolo. Sepak Bola. Kandanda. Balompie. Kinipōpō peku. Cumann Peile. Isikkamik. arsaanneq. כדורגל. đá banh. ball-pwe. ฟุตบอลفٹ بال फुटबाल 蹴球 足球 フットボールلعبة كرة القدم بازى فوتبال

"In any language, the whole world is united by a ball." --- Steve Amoia, Publisher, November 2006.

Translate Articles at World Football Commentaries

Monday, August 13, 2007

Team Preview: FC Bayern München AG



I will be doing a series of team profiles for the upcoming 2007-2008 campaigns. Let's start with one of the historic clubs of the Bundesliga, FC Bayern München AG. Or better known in English as Bayern Munich.

Official Web Site (In English and German)

FC Bayern Munich.

History

The club was formed in 1900 by gymnastic enthusiasts.

Team Colors

Red and white.

Playing Stadium

Allianz Arena. Seating capacity of 69.901. Affectionately known as the "Schlauchboot," which means inflatable boat in German.

Team Honors

German Bundesliga Champions: 20 times.
German Cup: 13 times.
European Cup/Champions League: 4 times.
UEFA Cup: 1 time.
Intercontinental Cup: 2 times.

European Players of the Year

Franz Beckenbauer (2)
Gerd Mueller (1)
Karl Heinze Rumminegge (2)

Ownership

Bayern Munich AG is privately owned. 90% of the shares are held by members of the club. The other 10% is owned by adidas.

Chairman


Mr. Franz Beckenbauer

Head Coach

Mr. Ottmar Hitzfeld

2007-2008 European Competition

UEFA Cup. (They did not qualify for the Champions League).

Team Roster and image courtesy of Wikipedia under the terms of their GNU Free Documentation License.

Current as of August 8, 2007:

No.
Position Player
1 Flag of Germany GK Oliver Kahn (captain)
2 Flag of France DF Willy Sagnol
3 Flag of Brazil DF Lúcio
5 Flag of Belgium DF Daniel Van Buyten
6 Flag of Argentina DF Martín Demichelis
7 Flag of France MF Franck Ribéry
8 Flag of Turkey MF Hamit Altıntop
9 Flag of Italy FW Luca Toni
11 Flag of Germany FW Lukas Podolski
15 Flag of Brazil MF Zé Roberto
16 Flag of Germany MF Andreas Ottl
17 Flag of the Netherlands MF Mark van Bommel
18 Flag of Germany FW Miroslav Klose

No.
Position Player
19 Flag of Germany FW Jan Schlaudraff
20 Flag of Argentina MF José Ernesto Sosa
21 Flag of Germany DF Philipp Lahm
22 Flag of Germany GK Michael Rensing
23 Flag of Germany DF Marcell Jansen
25 Flag of France DF Valérien Ismaël
29 Flag of Germany GK Bernd Dreher
30 Flag of Germany DF Christian Lell
31 Flag of Germany MF Bastian Schweinsteiger
32 Flag of Germany DF Mats Hummels
34 Flag of Germany FW Sandro Wagner
36 Flag of Germany MF Stephan Fürstner
39 Flag of Germany MF Toni Kroos


No comments:

World Football Commentaries by Steve Amoia. Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved.
The football highlights widget is provided by Football Highlights 247.com.
The European Leagues and Champions League widgets are provided by El País.