|Photo credit: Muhammad Ashiq.|
Massimiliano Allegri, the current manager of Juventus FC, writes a compelling essay about his perspectives on a football manager's role at the youth and professional levels. He also discusses why he developed his new App, "Mr. Allegri Tactics."
1. On his new Google Play App: Mr. Allegri Tactics.
2. On the manager as an educator especially for children.
3. On not being a Big Brother.
4. On what a modern manager needs to know.
5. On the manager as a leader.
6. On how to communicate.
7. On how to teach players to lead healthy lifestyles.
8. On a journey to travel together.
1. On his new Google Play App: Mr. Allegri Tactics:
I discovered this essay on Mister Allegri's new promotional site for his innovative coaching application (App) that was launched recently at Google Play. His website is very detailed and provides a glimpse at an unique coaching education tool. Mister Allegri also maintains an active social media presence on Twitter. He clearly understands the role of technology in his profession and decided to create a product to share his expertise.
One quote on his site concisely summed up Mister Allegri's coaching philosophy and comes from Leonardo da Vinci:
"If I had to express the philosophy behind my football in only a phrase. I would say:
'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication'."
Few modern football managers could have quoted Leonardo da Vinci and/or launched a new App. Let's take a longer look at Mister Allegri's excellent essay from one of world football's in-demand coaching talents.
2. On the manager as an educator especially for children:
Football in Italy is the most loved sport and is practiced by millions of children as their main activity. For this reason, the figure of a manager plays a role of great importance. Not only at sporting events but above all, the influence you have off of the pitch. The manager is a coach, an educator, an organizer and a leader. The capacity to go from one function to the other, by choosing the most adapted role and according to the situation, constitutes his most precious professional asset.
- How to conduct a training session.
- What are the guidelines on the pitch to augment the intensity of training exercises for the players.
- How to prepare a pre and post-match discussion in the changing room.
- What are the details to watch out for during a training exercise (either technical or athletic) to improve the quality of their own players.
Italian source: Mr. Allegri Tactics, "Il ruolo dell’allenatore secondo la mia esperienza," di Massimiliano Allegri, 29 settembre 2015.
- UEFA Pro Thesis Overview: "Characteristics of 3 Midfielders in a 3-Three Man Midfield" by Massimiliano Allegri
- Book Review: "Calcio totale" (Total Football) by Arrigo Sacchi
- Book Review: "Il Mio Albero di Natale" (My Christmas Tree) by Carlo Ancelotti
- Book Review: "Non Dire Gatto" (Don't Say Cat) by Giovanni Trapattoni
- Book Review: "Testa, Cuore e Gambe" (Brains, Heart and Legs) by Antonio Conte
Steve Amoia is a freelance writer and translator based in Washington, D.C. He is the publisher of World Football Commentaries since 2006 and published The Soccer Translator from 2008 to 2015.
Contact Us | About World Football Commentaries | Follow on Twitter | Home